Reset Samsung Refrigerator: Is “88 88” displayed on your Samsung refrigerator’s display? You might need a hard reset if you encounter an error code or are moving or cleaning your refrigerator. This TrickyDaya article will walk you through the entire factory resetting Family Hub process and how to reset your Samsung refrigerator.
Some Things to Keep in Mind
- Unplugging your refrigerator, waiting about five minutes, and then plugging it back in is the simplest way to reset it.
- The Family Hub can be factory reset by going to “Settings > About Family Hub > Factory Reset Data.”
- If nothing of those solutions works for you, you’ll need to call Samsung to arrange for a specialist to come out and assist you.
When do I Need to Reset?
Resetting your refrigerator as a first line of defense in troubleshooting is not something Samsung advises.
You can notice something strange on your display and decide to reset it right away. But refrain! Resetting will erase the error code history, so if it doesn’t resolve the problem, a support specialist won’t be able to troubleshoot it properly.
- Request service so a Samsung tech may examine the error codes instead. You might only need to replace the water filter to solve the problem.
- Your refrigerator’s door code should aid in identifying the problem. The fault code will vanish once fixed (like a broken water filter).
- Defrosting your ice maker is simple if that’s the problem!
When the error code “88 88” appears, reset.
As it usually means that the refrigerator didn’t boot up properly, this code usually appears after an outage. To restart and resolve the issue, reset your refrigerator.
- For additional details about the issues with your refrigerator, see this list of Samsung refrigerator error codes https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003409/.
When you move or clean your refrigerator, reset it.
As it will be in acceptable working order and not have any error codes crucial to keeping track of, Samsung advises making this one of the few occasions when you reset your refrigerator.
If you see an “O FF” code (also known as “OFF OFF” or “OF OF”), don’t reset your refrigerator.
This error code indicates that your refrigerator is in Demo mode, sometimes called Cooling Off Mode, and may be fixed without restarting.
Depending on the type of screen you have, there are different steps to follow:
- Go to Apps > Fridge Manager > Fridge Settings > Cooling Off > Deactivate if you have Family Hub.
- For example, pressing and holding the top two buttons on the left panel for 10 seconds is required for some models. Check your model’s handbook to learn how to disable Demo or Cooling Off mode.
Samsung refrigerator reset
- Disconnect your refrigerator’s wall plug.
- If you can’t reach the plug, you can cut the power at the circuit breaker.
- Try this approach to address any troubleshooting issues first because it’s the simplest and most effective way to reset your Samsung refrigerator.
- The “88 88” mistake can be fixed using this as well.
2. Delay for around five minutes.
Before moving on to the following step, you should ensure all remaining electric charges have been eliminated.
Reconnect the plug.
You can flick the switch to turn on the electricity again if you shut it off at the circuit breaker. Press the red button inside the right door’s top surface to reset your Family Hub screen. After 15 seconds, switch it back on after turning it off.
Family Hub reset
1 Open the Settings menu.
You should conduct a factory reset on your refrigerator with Family Hub before selling or giving it away.
Flip the red switch at the top of the interior of the right door if you only need to reset the screen.
- Choose Family Hub About.
Depending on the year and type of your refrigerator, this may not be in the same place on the menu.
- Tap Reset after choosing Factory data reset.
Samsung wants to ensure you know what you’re trying to accomplish because resetting this erases all of your data. To completely reset your Family Hub, tap Delete all data after selecting Reset again when prompted.
If the Wi-Fi connection on your refrigerator is giving you problems, you can reset it by pressing and holding the “LOCK” button for around 12 seconds. Select Disconnect/Forget from the “Settings > Wi-Fi” menu if your refrigerator has a Family Hub screen and Wi-Fi.
For additional assistance, you should get in touch with support. While most codes and problems may be resolved, a fridge may need to be replaced occasionally.